Would you have to submit an environmental science research paper? Are you looking for the top environmental research topics for your assignments? Well, especially to help you out, here, in this blog post, we have recommended a few outstanding environmental research topic ideas in various categories. Also, we have shared some key tips for selecting a good environmental science research topic and the steps for writing an informative environmental science dissertation.
Keep on reading this blog post and get exclusive ideas for environmental research paper writing.
What is an Environmental Research Paper?
An environmental research paper is an academic paper that is being written on any topics related to environmental science after in-depth research. In general, environmental science is a broad subject that deals with the various aspects of the environment and the problems linked to it. Particularly, in recent times, environmental health is widely affected by several external factors and a lot of serious environmental issues exist across the globe. Hence, for writing a research paper, you can very well take into consideration any of the environmental problems and provide valid solutions after performing a deep analysis.
Writing an environmental research paper is common if you are a student who is pursuing a degree in environmental science, environmental engineering, or any courses related to the environment. Mainly, in order to test your knowledge of environmental science, your professors will ask you to submit a thesis or dissertation on any environmental research topic. When it comes to writing an environmental thesis, you should have an ideal topic. Most importantly, you should explain your thesis statement with proper evidence in your environmental research paper.
How to Write an Environmental Research Paper?
Do you know how to prepare an environmental science research paper? In case, you have no idea about it, make sure to execute the following steps in order to come up with a top-notch environmental thesis for your final assignments.
- Firstly, choose an original topic for your environmental thesis.
- Secondly, analyze the selected topic and generate a unique thesis statement.
- Thirdly, conduct in-depth research on the topic and gather the important points and pieces of evidence needed to explain your thesis statement.
- Fourthly, with the collected ideas, sketch a well-structured research paper outline.
- Fifthly, as per your professor’s instructions, begin writing your research paper by elaborating your outline. Note that, your environmental research paper should have essential components such as the introduction, body, and conclusion. Mainly, your research paper should offer a valid solution for your research question. Also, the paper should be simple, persuasive, and informative.
- Finally, once you finish writing the essay, be certain to proofread it multiple times and edit if it has any errors.
Tips for Choosing a Good Environmental Research Topic
In the research paper writing process, the first step that should be given high importance is the topic selection. Initially, while selecting a research topic, you should gather some ideas and then find out a perfect topic from it after performing preliminary research. In order to collect environmental research topic ideas, you can refer to the sources such as environmental journals, the latest environmental news, documentaries, and so on.
As the environment is a vast subject, in it you can explore and gather plenty of research ideas. However, when you have many topics, identifying an ideal research topic from it would become tedious. So, to help you out, here we have shared a key topic selection tips that you should stick to during the topic selection stage.
- Always pick a topic that you are interested in.
- Choose a topic that is informative and exciting to your readers.
- Avoid selecting a topic that is too wide to complete before the deadline.
- If the topic is too vast, divide them into subtopics and concentrate completely on any one subtopic.
- Ignore the topic without or with less research scope.
- Choose a topic that allows you to perform deep research and find valid solutions.
- Go with a topic that contains various sources of reference and extensive information for discussion.
- Select a topic that has numerous evidence and examples.
- Instead of choosing a commonly addressed environmental issue, give preference to a topic that is related to the latest or trending environmental problems.
- Finally, see to the topic whether it meets the instructions shared by your professor or university, and then confirm it.
If you want to know whether the research topic you have chosen is ideal, consult with your professor and get approval.
List of Environmental Research Topics and Ideas
Some key environmental areas that you can take into account for conducting research are environmental law, policies, engineering, health and safety, economics, and so on. Below, we have categorized the different areas of the environment and have listed some great environmental research topics and ideas.
Explore the whole list and from it choose one perfect research topic that is comfortable for you to work on.
Research Topics on Environmental Issues
In recent times, we suffer from a lot of environmental problems daily. When it comes to writing an environmental research paper, you can very well consider any serious environmental issues listed below.
- Analyze the causes of forest fire outbreaks.
- Write about ocean acidification.
- Explain the role of humans in global warming.
- How to solve the sustainable energy problem.
- Analyze the role of pesticides in soil contamination.
- Discuss the effect of climate change on humans.
- Analyze Amazon Rainforest fire.
- How does human activity contribute to acid rain?
- Explain how to conserve the Antarctic.
- Research and write about the importance of Paleoecology.
- Describe the effect of the drought on soil quality.
- Write about desertification in the world.
- Explain the impact of polythene bag disposal.
- Discuss the effect of sewage farming on groundwater.
- Explain how to effectively manage the greenhouse effect.
- Discuss the effect of climate change on agriculture.
- Explain the environmental impact of solid waste landfilling.
- What is the effect of increased temperature on the thermal ecology of sea creatures?
- Analyze the effect of groundwater contamination.
- What is the effect of the oil spill on the marine environment?
Environmental Health and Safety Research Topics
In order to achieve human goals, both the humans and the environment they live in should be healthy. The following are a few impressive environmental health and safety research topics that you can take into account for your writing your academic paper.
- Write about maternal exposure to air pollution and its associated birth outcomes.
- Research how to integrate environmental health into sustainable development.
- Explain the impact of toxic chemicals on environmental health.
- Discuss the harmful effects of the depletion of the ozone layer on health.
- Explain the impact of urbanization on environmental health.
- Write about occupational and environmental health.
- Explain the effects of economic development on environmental health.
- Analyze the role of public institutions in advocating environmental health.
- Explain the environmental and health risk of urban flooding.
- Discuss the effect of environmental pollution on human health.
Environmental Law Research Topics
Environmental law mainly concentrates on the set of regulatory bodies for natural resources at the national and global levels. To write your environmental dissertation, you can conduct a study on any of the following environmental law research topics.
- Trace the history of environmental law.
- Why does ecotourism need regulation?
- Explain the legacy of the Kyoto Protocol.
- Examine legal ways to curb hunting and fishing.
- Analyze the general principles of environmental law.
- Write about government policies against illegal poaching in Africa.
- Explain the role of investigation in the creation of environmental laws.
- Examine the efficacy of law in Sudanese environmental policies, with reference to a UN statement.
- Write about the river conservation laws in India.
- Explain how your country regulates air quality.
- Discuss the legal status of NGOs in International Law.
- Examine the British policies on bush burning.
- Write about Environmental policy and International Investment Law.
- Analyze the forest laws in India.
- Compare the hazardous waste management rules in the UK and the US.
Environmental Policy Research Topics
Environmental policy is an important area in environmental science that mainly covers the various policies followed by different countries across the world. Usually, every country follows a set of policies and regulations to protect endangered species, control pollution, control climate change, etc. The following are a few environmental policy research topics you can consider for crafting your dissertation.
- Explain the environmental policy regarding air pollution and acid rain.
- Examine how government makes policies regarding climate change and environmental crises.
- Explain the need for environmental policies in all the countries.
- Discuss the advanced principles in environmental policy.
- Write about environmental policy and politics.
- What is the perfect blueprint for sustainable environmental policies?
- Analyze the difference between the policies regarding air pollution and water pollution.
- What are the environmental policy performance indicators?
- Explain market-based environmental policy.
- How to develop feasible environmental policies.
Research Topics on Environmental Engineering
Environmental engineering is a broad academic discipline that explains how to control environmental issues with the help of scientific and engineering principles. Mainly, the subject offers technical solutions for environmental issues such as waste management, water management, acid rain, global warming, etc. If you are a student who is pursuing a degree in environmental engineering, then for your final assignments, you can pick a topic from any of the following research topics.
- Explain the bioenergy concept.
- Evaluate the physics of acid rain measurement.
- Compare the role of environmental engineers and environmentalists.
- Design an industrial machine with a limited carbon footprint.
- Explain the processes involved in the recycling of water.
- Analyze the environmental sustainability level of the USA.
- Justify the creation of green buildings.
- Explain how to reduce costs on offshore drilling.
- Compare the recycling of plants and eco-friendly wastewater systems.
- Analyze the pros and cons of smart homes from an environmental perspective.
- How to treat waste in the public.
- Research the carbon footprint in a sugar Production company.
- How to generate biogas generation from food waste
- Examine the reuse of building waste and its environmental benefits.
- Analyze the hazards of the cement industry to the environment.
- Explain how to determine the quality of water.
- Discuss the advantages and challenges of car mobility.
- Analyze the process of waste removal in European automotive Industries.
- How to produce biogas from coral organic waste.
- Discuss the importance of eco-friendly fuels in construction projects.
Environmental Science Research Topics
Are you hunting for the best environmental science research topics? If yes, then take a look at the list presented below.
- How to stop the destruction of coral reefs.
- Discuss the link between acid rains and industrialization.
- How science reduces global warming.
- Determine the primary goals of environmental science.
- Investigate the benefits of reforestation.
- How to use science in addressing climate change.
- Explain the connection between social and environmental sciences.
- Why are fossil fuels harmful to the environment?
- How science can be used to defend endangered species.
- Explain how to revive World’s oceans.
- What are the scientific implications of water scarcity?
- How air pollution affects child mortality.
- Explain how to reduce the emission of greenhouse gases in freight transport.
- Analyze how beneficial is nuclear power for the environment.
- Explain how greenhouse gases can help in environmental sustainability.
Research Topics on Environmental Economics
Environmental Economics is a wide subject that predominantly focuses on the economic impact of environmental issues. Majorly, it covers the topics related to environmental goods, natural disasters, environmental policies, and ecological interventions. Some research paper topics related to environmental economics are listed below.
- Analyze the man-made environmental disasters in the previous decade.
- Discuss the role of the economy and finances in improving environmental conditions.
- Research the previous ecology economics and its practice in a western European country.
- Evaluate the possibility of adopting the EU’s Renewable Energy Guidelines in the US.
- Discuss the economics behind land sharing.
- Explain what it takes to finance and monitor the trends of climate change.
- Discuss the relationship between Eco-friendly products and financial subsidies.
- What is the role of environmental sustainability in economic growth?
- Write about illegal mining and income disclosure.
- Research and write about ecology economics.
Interesting Environmental Research Topics
The following are a few interesting environmental research topics that will be helpful to you in preparing an outstanding thesis.
- Why the world should switch from fossil fuels to hydrogen?
- Explain how permafrost melting affects climate change.
- How to switch to cleaner fuels and vehicles.
- Explain how the environment contributes to asthma attacks.
- What is the purpose of crustaceans?
- Explain how sewage treatment works.
- How can the extinction of honey bees change the world?
- Discuss the hazardous effects of bush burning on the environment.
- Explain how wildfires affect human health.
- Analyze the phenomenon of climate refugees.
- Why are hurricanes becoming more intense?
- Analyze the effects of GMOs, herbicides, and pesticides on human life.
- How air pollution can cause emphysema to nonsmokers.
- Analyze the need for oil for the ecosystem.
- Investigate the process of emissions trading.
Excellent Environmental Research Topics
Listed below are some excellent environmental research topics that will help you to score an A+ grade.
- Explain how farming affects the environment.
- What is unsafe about PET bottles?
- Discuss the future of agriculture and organic farming.
- What are the factors that control population growth and the effect of density?
- Examine the natural disasters that are linked to climate change.
- Explain the working of the ecological footprint method.
- How does commercial fishing affect the oceans?
- What are the greener alternatives to plastic?
- How do cacti grow in the desert?
- Investigate the Animal Liberation Front.
- What are the advantages of emission certificates?
- How do dams and channels affect ecosystems?
- Discuss the negative impacts of urban sprawl.
- Explain how civic environmentalism works.
- What are the most threatened biodiversity hotspots?
Captivating Environmental Research Topics
Here are a few captivating environmental research topics you can consider for preparing your academic paper.
- Discuss the influence of green political parties.
- Explain the effect of light pollution on plants.
- Analyze the health risk of tobacco exposure for humans.
- Examine the concepts of conventional farming and organic farming.
- Explain the impact of mining on wildlife and natural forests.
- Describe the role of biological pollutants in environmental crises.
- What is the Holocene extinction event?
- How is ethanol produced as a biofuel?
- Explain the impact of freak weather incidents.
- How environmental pollution affects the Arctic.
- Explain the concept of polar amplification.
- How does planetary tilt affect global warming?
- Analyze the problems caused by renewable energies.
- How does urbanization affect surrounding rural areas?
- Explain the impact of fracking on the environment.
Latest Environmental Research Topics
- Desertification is a global issue.
- Describe how global warming affects environmental sustainability.
- Effects of permafrost melting on global warming
- What effects does logging have on biodiversity?
- Describe how global warming has affected Antarctica.
- What effects the COVID-19 epidemic has had on the environment globally
- Talk about how to stem the loss of coral reefs.
- Describe the variety of trees found in the Amazon jungle.
- Talk about the variety of weeds found in the Congo rainforest.
- talk about tropical rainforests
The Bottom Line
Out of the various environmental science research paper topics and ideas recommended in this blog post, choose any topic matching your interest and write an extraordinary thesis. Especially at the time of selecting a research topic, remember to pick a topic that is simple, unique, and easy to understand. Besides the key environmental research areas, you can also conduct a study on topics related to bioremediation, ecology, remote sensing, limnology, and renewable energy.
If you want a customized environmental research topic or need help writing an environmental thesis or dissertation, contact us quickly. In our team, we have skilled thesis writers to work on environmental research topics as per your requirements. Apart from the environment, we also have skilled assignment helpers in various other subjects to offer academic paper writing services that include essay and research paper topic selection, writing, and editing.
To make use of our online research paper writing services, simply share your requirements with us. Based on what you have shared, we will prepare and send you a top-quality, low-cost, and plagiarism-free research paper without skipping the deadlines. Also, as a part of our assignment help services, we will provide you with 24/7 customer chat support and unlimited paper revisions.
Just book your order and get extraordinary academic benefits without any difficulties.