Biology is an interesting discipline of science that mainly deals with the study of living organisms and their growth, structure, evolution, and functions. In addition to that, the subject also concentrates more on the concepts of ecosystems, health, medicine, environment, food, and other specializations related to the human body. If you are a student who is pursuing a biology course in school or college, then for your assignments or project work, often you will be asked to submit a paper on any biology research topics. Basically, biology is a vast subject with endless research areas and topics to focus on. So, it wouldn’t be hard for you to find an area and topic for your research work. But when it comes to writing a biology research paper, you should make sure to explain all the major points relevant to your topic with proper evidence.
In general, research paper writing is a challenging and exciting task to handle. But firstly, for writing a top-class biology research paper, you must have a good research topic. Right now, are you in search of the best biology research paper topics? Well, we know how tough it is to come up with a perfect research topic for biology assignments. So, for your convenience, here, we have compiled a list of captivating biology research topic ideas in several biology research areas. Also, we have shared some key tips for choosing a good biology research topic.
Keep on reading this blog post and gain unique ideas for a biology research paper.
Biology Research Paper Topic Selection Tips
In the research paper writing process, topic selection is the first step you should execute. Mostly, for preparing a biology research paper, your supervisors will suggest some research questions or prompt for you to work on. But at times, they will allow you to bring a good biology research topic of your choice. What would you do in such a situation? As biology is a broad discipline with more research areas and topics, identifying one ideal research topic from it may look tedious for you.
Are you wondering how to choose a perfect biology research topic for your assignment? Cool! In case, you are asked to select a good biology research paper topic on your own, then during topic selection, remember to keep the following tips in mind.
- Choose a topic from the research area that you have strong knowledge of and high interest in.
- Go with a research topic that is interesting and exciting for you and your readers.
- Give preference to the biology research topic that has a broad scope for research and discussion.
- Never select a general or commonly discussed biology research topic.
- Choose a topic that allows you to conduct deep research and derive new findings.
- Avoid picking a topic that is too wide or too specific.
- If the topic is too broad to finish before the deadline, then narrow it down.
- Give significance to the topic that has enough information and reliable sources for references.
- Choose a topic that has valid data sources, evidence, and facts supporting your research statement.
- Finalize the biology research topic only if it stands in line with the writing instructions of your supervisor or university.
Best Biology Research Paper Topics List
As said earlier, biology is a broad subject. So, for preparing an academic paper on biology, you can very well gather more topic ideas from the biology research area that you are passionate about. Some common research areas of biology include anatomy, evolutionary biology, molecular biology, marine biology, environmental biology, and so on.
If you have no idea what topic to choose for your biology research paper, then feel free to have a look at the list suggested below. In the list, you can find 200+ interesting biology research topics in different categories.
Go through the whole list and spot one topic that is convenient for you in preparing a top-quality biology research paper.
Research Topics on the History of Biology
Humans know the fundamentals of biology, even before scientific studies came into existence. In particular, they were highly skilled to identify domestic animals and edible plants. If you are interested to work on theoretical topics for your biology research projects, then you can very well pick any topic from the following.
- What are the dead branches of evolution?
- Explain the effects of Whale Hunting.
- Research the work of Antonie van Leeuwenhoek, the famous Biologist.
- Explain Rachel Carson’s Stand on environmental safety.
- How are history and biology combined according to Stephen Joy Gould’s Paleontology?
- Trace the origins of modern anatomy.
- Investigate the theory of the four senses of humor.
- How did the discovery of heredity influence modern biology?
- What led to the establishment of the cell theory?
- Explain what led to the discovery of blood circulation.
- Discuss the effect of the Natural Selection Theory.
- Write about Edward Jenner and the history of vaccination.
- Discuss the effect of archeology on animal biology.
- Explore the various evolution factors.
- Explain Darwin’s theory and its significance to biology.
- Cell reproduction: the main types
- A theory of Gregor Mendel
- Comparing eukaryotes and prokaryotes
- Why do we need enzymes?
- What is the photosynthesis process and how does it work?
Developmental Biology Research Topics
Developmental Biology is an interesting field in biology that examines the overall development of living organisms. Mostly, it focuses on the transformation process of an organism from a single cell to a fully grown organism. The following are a few interesting research topics in developmental biology that you can choose for writing your biology research paper.
- Discuss the mechanisms of metamorphosis in frogs.
- Trace the origins of the vertebrate body plan.
- What does the concept of morphogen gradient say about the fate of cells?
- Explain what happened during the Cambrian explosion.
- What causes polycephaly?
- Examine the process of neurulation in fish.
- What causes birds to become territorial?
- Identify the origins of congenital disorders.
- Why are men more likely to be colorblind than women?
- Investigate regeneration in hydra.
- Describe dinosaurs and explain why they couldn’t survive
- Explain the process of transporting information by the human’s nervous system
- How does human nature impact biodiversity?
- Which factors regulate the human population?
- What if dinosaurs could live in our days?
Evolutionary Biology Research Topics
Evolutionary biology is another subfield of biology. As the name suggests, the subject mainly concentrates on the evolutions of living organisms. In simple terms, evolutionary biology can be identified as the study of the history of all the living beings that survive on Earth. Typically, this discipline deals with the origin, diversity, and adaption of life over time. For the preparation of a biology research paper, you can pick any topic from the following evolutionary biology research topics.
- What does the Red Queen hypothesis state?
- Track the evolution of aging throughout human history.
- What are the ways for a species to achieve its maximum fitness?
- Why does cancer persist?
- Explain the problems related to modern synthesis.
- How does an animal’s physiology adapt to its geographic range?
- Research the evolution of stamina in animal locomotion.
- Are society and evolution connected?
- Compare the evolutionary process of endotherms and ectotherms.
- Explain the effects of genetic drift on variation.
Plant Biology Research Topics
Plant biology is one of the amazing branches of biology that mainly deals with the study of the development of plant life. If you have an interest in learning about plants, then for preparing your biology research paper, without any hesitation, you can choose plant biology as your research area. Basically, this discipline is broad and has many research topic ideas. Here we have composed some interesting plant biology research topics that you can consider for writing your biology academic paper.
- What causes diseases in plants?
- Does sound have any measurable effects on plant development?
- Examine the biological properties of medicinal herbs.
- How do Cacti survive in the desert?
- Explain how Phytohormones influence plant growth.
- Discuss the industrial applications of synthesized plant mechanisms.
- How do Butterworts acquire nutrition?
- Explain how plants produce starch.
- Compare various defense mechanisms of flowers.
- Why do weeds grow excessively?
Animal Biology Research Topics
Animal Biology is another popular branch of biology. This subject mainly focuses on the structure, embryology, evolution, and classification of the animal kingdom. Also, it explains in detail the interaction of animals with their ecosystems. For the preparation of your biology research paper, the following animal biology research topics will be helpful.
- Classification of invertebrate animals.
- How does veganism influence meat production?
- Animal science and food sustainability.
- Projects on wild animals.
- Explain the factors to consider for animal growth.
- Modern home pets and traditional dog diet.
- Write about male pregnancy among animals.
- Is it ethical to test beauty products on animals?
- Home pets and obesity.
- What is the role of the fashion industry in animal abuse?
Anatomy and Human Biology Research Topics
Human Anatomy is the study of the structure of the parts and organisms of the human body. It is one of the interesting and broad branches of biology in which plenty of research activities are being carried out. If you have an interest in updating your knowledge of the human body, then for your research work you can choose any topic from the following.
- Describe the functions of the sodium-potassium pump.
- Research and write about the cerebral cortex.
- How does the brain control human behavior?
- Explain the new reproductive technologies from an anthropological perspective.
- What regulates muscle contraction?
- Explain how kidneys filter blood.
- What happens when a human heart skips a beat?
- Describe the structure of a skeletal muscle fiber.
- Explain the functions of the respiratory system.
- What are the psychological factors that affect a person’s health?
Neurobiology Research Paper Topics
Neurobiology deals with the study of the nervous system and the working of the brain. Basically, this subject will allow you to learn more about the biological mechanism of the nervous system or the brain’s functions. If you wish to explore neurobiology, then for your research project you can very well pick any topic from the following.
- Write about the Visual cortex and models of orientation.
- Discuss the relationship between the brain and memory.
- What is the effect of music on the human brain?
- Explain the genetic defect that contributes to Schizophrenia.
- Have a deep look at Neuroscience and robotic technologies.
- Write about Cognitive Neuroscience on problem-solving.
- Discuss the link between gut bacteria and anxiety.
- Explain what visual-motor coordination is based on.
- What is the role of genes and proteins in neuron functioning?
- Take a closer look at brain injuries and their related disorders.
- How to improve human memory effectively?
- Can gut bacteria contribute to depression?
- Write about brain capabilities of self-repairing.
- Discuss the innovations in neurobiology.
- What are the causes of migraine?
Research Topics on Genetics and Abortion
Genetics is an exciting branch of biology that mainly studies genes and heredity. For writing a biology research paper, you can very well choose any of the following biology research topics related to genetics and abortion.
- How does public opinion hold back scientific progress?
- Is homosexuality based on genetics?
- Write about Genetic Mutation factors.
- Discuss the biological insights of abortion.
- Explain the phenomenon of DNA-modified organisms.
- Describe the structure of DNA.
- Write about genetic disorders and their related treatment.
- Is genetically modified food safe?
- Explain the modern technology used for DNA analysis.
- Trace the history of genetics.
- How is abortion associated with the feminist ideology?
- Have a closer look at abortion law and society’s perspective in the USA.
- What is the role of genetics in sex orientation preference?
- Explain the link between depression and genes.
- What are the ethical aspects of experiments with stem cells?
Research Paper Topics on Behavior and Hormones
In your biology research paper, you can choose to explain how hormones affect the mental health of a human. Also, you can discuss the connection of hormones with disorders. Listed below are a few brilliant biology research topics on behavior and hormones.
- How do hormones influence women’s mental health?
- Does cardio exercise influence hormones?
- Discuss some common endocrine-related diseases.
- Steroid Hormones’ path to cells.
- Write about hormonal changes during pregnancy.
- The deficit of what hormone can destroy a life?
- Discuss the biological basis of hormonal disorder.
- What is the role of various hormones in our body?
- Write about the hormone disorder and constant depression.
- How to improve metabolism?
- Focus on gender specification in mental disorders.
- What are the causes and treatments of bipolar disorder?
- Write about psychopathic disorders and hormones.
- Discuss the top methods in Hormonal therapy.
- Explain the oxytocin science phenomenon.
Research Topics on Antibiotic Resistance
The following are a few unique biology research topics on antibiotic resistance that you can choose to write about.
- What illnesses are caused by antibiotic resistance?
- How to improve antibiotics effects effectively?
- The pathogenesis of antibiotic resistance agent.
- Investigate the reason for antibiotic resistance.
- Write about antibiotic resistance and medicine.
- The development of antibiotic resistance.
- How to prevent antibiotic resistance?
- Explain cell structure and antibiotic resistance.
- Discuss the effect of antibiotics on the human body.
- Explain the role of volatile antibiotics.
Research Paper Topics on Immune System
The immune system is defined as a network of biological processes that defends a body against invaders such as bacteria, viruses, and other foreign bodies. The primary aim of the immune system is to provide resistance and protect living organisms from toxins, diseases, and infections. Mentioned below are a few excellent biology research topics on the immune system.
- Tolerance and autoimmunity.
- Explain the influence of immunotherapy on the human body.
- Human immune system and its resistance capabilities
- What diseases are caused by improper functioning of the immune system?
- Immunity and stress.
- Explain the society’s viewpoints on vaccination.
- Graft rejection prevention.
- Have a closer look at asthma and allergic reactions.
- Immunology and transplantation.
- How do immune system agents function?
Research Topics on Human Cloning
Human cloning refers to the process of creating a genetically identical copy of a human. In general, human cloning discusses a lot about the artificial reproduction of tissues and human cells. If you have an interest in working on advanced biology topics, then you can very well choose human cloning as your research area. The following are some interesting human cloning research topics that you can consider for your biology research projects.
- Explain the history and development of human cloning science.
- How can cloning change medicine?
- Write about cloning from a moral perspective.
- Prepare a project on different types of cloning.
- Human cloning and transplantation possibilities.
- Discuss the basic principles of cloning in humans.
- How effective is DNA-based cloning in the medical field?
- Have a closer look at cloning and the ethical issues around it.
- Explain the significance of therapeutic cloning.
- Should human cloning be made legal?
Microbiology Research Topics
Microbiology is a broad sub-field of biology that mainly studies the living organisms that are too small to see with the naked eye. In particular, this subject scientifically focuses on various microbes such as bacteria, viruses, fungi, algae, and other tiny organisms. Here are a few great microbiology research topic ideas that you can consider for crafting your biology research paper.
- Explain the applications of microbial biotechnology.
- Discuss the working of vaccines.
- How do bacteria turn milk into yogurt?
- Explain how microbes develop resistance.
- Examine the structure of archaeal genes.
- What are the industrial applications for microbiology?
- Discuss the degradation of soil pollutants using microbes.
- Explain the link between stress and the performance of the human immune system.
- Discuss the contribution of microbes to the ecosystem.
- What is the role of microbes in food contamination?
Molecular Biology Research Topics
Molecular biology is an interesting branch of biology that predominantly investigates the biochemical and molecular processes within the cell. Especially, when it comes to writing a biology research paper, you can choose any topic from the following list of molecular biology research topics.
- What is the role of genetically modified crops in the economy?
- Write about dangerous experiments on human DNA.
- Explain the significance of Molecular biology in cancer treatment.
- What is the role of stem cell treatment in medicine?
- Explain the personal genome in modern medicine.
- Discuss the molecular evidence of human origin.
- Write about the latest trends in molecular biochemistry.
- Explain the working of protein biosynthesis.
- How to conduct molecular biology research?
- What is the use of genetics on lifetime prolongation
Ecology Research Paper Topics
Ecology is a challenging discipline that mainly concentrates on the relationship that exists between living organisms and their physical environment. Here are some exciting ecology research topics you can take into account for preparing a top-graded biology research paper.
- Discuss the effect of human behavior on animal forms in the USA.
- Describe the involvement of the environmental change in the diversity of species.
- What are the ecological and evolutionary factors that influence animal behavior?
- Explain the developmental mechanism of resistance in animals.
- Discuss the problem of extinction.
- Write about rare species protection
- Is global warming a threat?
- Explain the relationship between living forms and their environment.
- Have a closer look at Environmental Psychology.
- How do the animals and plants respond to the changing environment?
- What are the effects of oil spills on ocean wildlife?
- Is the extinction of bees real?
- Present your views on the fast-food industry and tropic forests extinction.
- Discuss the link between climate change and biodiversity.
- Explain the means of wildlife protection.
- Discuss the impact of rain forests extinction.
- Explain the factors and benefits of organic farming.
- Describe the principles of population ecology.
- Write about Renewable energy and environmental pollution.
- What is sustainability in biology?
Environmental Biology Research Topics
Environmental Biology is another popular branch of biology that has a close connection with ecology. The subject mostly investigates how living organisms are affected by natural and human-altered ecosystems. Also, the subject focuses on innovative techniques and methodologies for monitoring pollution levels and wastewater disposal. Listed below are a few interesting research topics on environmental biology.
- How do worms indicate the state of an ecosystem?
- What causes toxic algae to bloom?
- Research the pros and cons of using natural gas.
- What would happen if all the bees die?
- Discuss how to ensure food security without harming the environment.
- Compare several methods of wastewater disposal.
- Trace the ecological footprint of cotton production.
- How did DDT affect wildlife in the US?
- Analyze the consequences of desertification.
- How do genetically modified insects influence the environment?
Research Topics on Bioremediation
Bioremediation refers to the process of cleaning up the contamination in the environment by using microorganisms. Its main aim is to biologically degrade pollutants into non-toxic substances. Here are a few interesting bioremediation research topics that you can consider for your biology research projects.
- Write about the bioremediation of hazardous waste.
- Explain the bioremediation method.
- Write about Groundwater remediation
- The bioremediation education science.
- Discuss the mechanisms and tools of groundwater bioremediation.
- What are the tools and the effective ways that can be used to handle oil spill bioremediation?
- How to improve ecology with bioremediation?
- Explain the effects of bioremediation.
- Discuss oil spill bioremediation protocol.
- Write about innovations in bioremediation.
Marine Biology Research Topics
Marine biology is a sub-disciplinary of biology that mainly focuses on the biology of marine organisms besides their behavior and interaction with their environment. If you wish to learn about the living organisms under the sea, then you can very well pick marine biology as your research paper. Listed below are a few marine biology research topics that you can take into account for preparing a top-rated biology research paper.
- Explore the predatory behavior of starfish.
- Discuss the contribution of birds to a stable marine ecosystem.
- How do aquatic organisms live together in coral reefs?
- Compare different camouflage techniques of marine animals.
- Identify the biggest threats to marine biodiversity.
- What are the causes of high mercury concentrations in fish?
- Explain how rising sea temperatures affect marine life.
- Discuss the impact of military sonar on whales.
- Examine the contribution of bacteria to biological processes in the sea.
- Discuss the importance of phytoplankton and zooplankton to ponds.
Other Captivating Biology Research Topics
Here are a few more captivating biology research topics that you can take into account for preparing your biology research paper.
- How does miscarriage affect women’s health?
- What is the role of clean water in preventing disease?
- Can enhanced antibodies help curb COVID-19 cases?
- Write about cell tissue engineering.
- Can Ebola be used as a biological weapon?
- Explain the impact of BMI on injuries.
- How to slow down the aging process.
- Discuss the link between environmental pollution and the cancer rate.
- Explain the threats related to Salmonella.
- Is it possible to increase brainpower?
- Do sports help improve human biological makeup?
- Is it possible for the brain to heal itself?
- How does the study of cell biology aid in fighting Alzheimer’s?
- Write about sea challenges to marine life.
- Explain the implications of coral reef biology.
- Are humans naturally omnivores or frugivores?
- Is immortality a realistic goal for humans?
- Does following a paleo diet help athletes perform?
- Discuss the biological reasons behind food intolerances.
- How do sleep and wake cycles affect learning?
Latest Captivating Biology Research Topics
- Discuss the latest evidence for Darwin’s theory of evolution.
- Compare meiosis and mitosis.
- What factors regulate population dynamics?
- Write about the diseases caused by heavy metal pollution.
- How to predict the probability of inheriting a gene.
- Explain the properties of the phylogenetic tree.
- Discuss the working of human metabolism.
- Explain the pros and cons of gene therapy.
- What kind of strategies do organisms use to get nutrition?
- How did Gregor Mendel discover heredity?
- Describe Al-findings Jahiz’s and the way he described how different organisms are related.
- Explain the significance of Albertus Magnus’ thesis in the field of botany.
- Why are certain memories unavailable and how does the human brain store memories?
- Unique cells called neurons perform a crucial function in the neurological system.
- What results from Alzheimer’s disease and what factors induce it?
- An ethical conundrum arises from human DNA alterations that increase our capacities.
- Will pricey gene treatment increase the wealth/poverty gap?
- Why were humans who lived millions of years ago different from those who live today?
- Describe and contrast the various creatures’ evolutionary processes.
- Why has resource recycling become so important in today’s society?
Get Research Paper Writing Help
Hopefully, the list of biology research topics recommended above will help you in meeting your need. In case, you want a customized biology research topic or biology research paper writing help, then contact us quickly. We have skilled academic writers with a Ph.D. in Biology to assist you with biology research paper topic selection, writing, and editing.
Note that, availing of our biology research paper writing service will help you in completing your biology assignments easily at an affordable price. To make use of our online research paper writing service, simply share your requirements with us through the order form. According to your requirements, our experts will prepare and deliver the necessary academic paper on time without any plagiarism. Also, if you have any doubts related to your assignments, then you can very well seek help through our 24/7 customer chat support.
From topic selection to paper revisions, we will provide solutions for all kinds of academic paper writing issues you experience. Not just for biology, we also offer cheap and best research paper writing help for almost all subject topics.
Currently, do you need the best online academic paper writing help? Are you searching for someone to finish your assignments or research paper at a low cost? Call us now and get top-notch budget-friendly assignment writing assistance from our subject matter experts.