Do you have to submit a history research paper for your final assignments? Are you looking for the best history research topics and ideas? Well, especially to help you out, here, in this blog post, we have carefully sorted and listed some top history research paper topic ideas. Also, we have given a brief explanation of how to select the right history research topic suitable to score an A+ grade.
Continue reading this blog post and get exclusive ideas for writing a high-quality history research paper writing.
History Research Paper Writing
A history research paper is an academic paper that is written on any topic that falls under the history subject. Mainly, for writing an outstanding history research paper, you must have an ideal topic from any specific historical period or event you have an interest in. If you are a student who is pursuing a course in history, then at least once you will be asked to create this academic paper during your course of study. One of the primary tasks involved in history research paper writing is creating a strong thesis statement from the research topic and explaining it with valid evidence after conducting in-depth research.
Firstly, for writing a history thesis, you must search and find a perfect history research topic. Secondly, on the selected topic, you should analyze and gather historical dataand major arguments from different sources. Next, with the gathered ideas, you should create a neat and understandable outline. Then, according to your research paper writing instructions, you should elaborate your research paper outline and craft a detailed history research paper by dividing it into essential sections such as the introduction, body, and conclusion.
Note that, your history thesis should be simple, informative, and should explain your argument with valid proof or supporting evidence. Finally, at the end of the thesis, you should cite all the sources you have used in your work, and revise them multiple times before you submit your academic paper.
How to Choose a Good History Research Topic?
We all know how important a topic is for a research paper. So, when it comes to research paper topic selection, you should be more careful. Usually, your supervisors will suggest the latest research questions for you to work on. But at certain times, they may allow you to choose the research topic on your own.
As history is a broad subject, in it you can find plenty of research topics and ideas to focus on. However, when you have many topics, it may become tedious for you to find out one perfect topic from it. In case, you are given the freedom to pick a topic for your history research paper, then this is what you should do.
- Firstly, understand your history research paper writing instructions.
- Secondly, identify a specific historical period that you are interested to conduct research or have a strong knowledge of.
- Thirdly, prepare a list of the major historical events or issues from the chosen historical period.
- Fourthly, analyze the list carefully and rule out the ideas that didn’t have a good research scope.
- Finally, after conducting preliminary research, identify an ideal history research topic.
Particularly, to choose an ideal history research topic, then during topic selection, make sure to stick to the following tips.
- Choose a topic that matches your interest.
- Go with a topic that is engaging to your target readers.
- Select a topic that is flexible for you to conduct research.
- Pick a topic that has more information, historical data, believable sources of reference, and proper evidence to prove your argument.
- If your topic is broad, narrow it down and concentrate only on any specific event.
- Instead of choosing the commonly discussed topics, give preference to a topic from less explored areas in history.
List of History Research Topics Ideas
Below we have listed the top history research topics and ideas in various categories such as ancient history, medieval history, world history, art history, American history, European history, and so on.
If you want to write a brilliant history research paper, then feel free to access the whole list and from it spot a good idea that matches your interest.
Ancient History Research Topics
The following is a list of pre-modern and ancient history research topics you can consider for writing your history research paper.
- Trace the history of postmodernism.
- Discuss the similarities and differences in Ancient Egypt, Ancient Greece, and Ancient Rome.
- Write about ancient Greek philosophy
- Explore the history of Palestine.
- Research and write about Sumerian Culture and Traditions.
- Write about symbolism in Ancient Egypt.
- What was the entertainment in Ancient Rome?
- Explain the significance of the Olympic Games.
- What is the role of women in Prehistoric Britain?
- Analyze near eastern civilizations
- Trace the origin of Christianity.
- Write about the Women rulers of the ancient world.
- Discuss the causes and consequences of the First Punic War.
- What was the role of trade contacts in Greek colonization?
- Explore the fall of Jerusalem and its consequences.
- What were the main attributes of ancient Chinese philosophy?
- Explain how the Roman Republic has transformed into Roman Empire.
- Explore the rise and fall of the Gauda Kingdom.
- Explain why the Second Crusade ends in a disaster.
- What were the possible causes of the Bronze Age Collapse?
Medieval History Research Topics
Here is a list of strong medieval or middle age history research topics and ideas you can take into account for writing your history assignments.
- Discuss the impact of the middle ages on history.
- Write about the interfaith marriages in the middle ages.
- Have a closer look at the development of cities in medieval Europe.
- Write about the greatest discoveries in medieval Europe.
- Describe the role of women in the middle ages.
- Write about the intellectuals in the middle ages.
- Describe the notion of the revival of the Byzantine State.
- What was the role of the Quran in medieval Europe?
- Explore the common crimes committed during the middle ages.
- Explain why the middle age is considered the period of discovery.
Modern History Research Topics
To write a great history research paper, you can very well consider any of the following modern history research topics.
- Analyze the reasons for the Syrian Conflict.
- Write about Chernobyl Explosion.
- Investigate the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
- Write about the inventors and industrialists in the modern world.
- Discuss the cultural changes in the modern world.
- Analyze the patriot act.
- Find out the reasons for Social Inequality.
- Discuss the negative role of globalization.
- Explore the evolving role of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) for the World Community.
- Explain the impact of the industrial revolution on western civilizations.
- Discuss the major effects of consumerism in contemporary world history.
- Focus on the historical development of Feminism and Patriarchy.
- What factors brought about the Age of Enlightenment?
- Describe the key features of the Commercial Revolution.
- What is the role of gunpowder in wars during the modern period?
European History Research Topics
Are you searching for European history research topics? Well, have a look at the below-mentioned list and get great research ideas related to the history of Europe.
- Write about the history of medieval Europe.
- Explain the impact of European colonization on Native Americans.
- Describe the role of politics in the spread of Christianity across Europe.
- Explore the formation of the European Union.
- What led to the rise of European liberalism?
- Explore the emergence of the Byzantine Empire.
- Analyze the impact of British Colonization.
- Write about the European Economic History.
- Have a closer look at the politics in eighteenth-century Europe.
- Analyze the political participation of Muslims in Europe.
- Write about women’s Civil Rights in France during the 18th
- Analyze Mid-Tudor Crises.
- Write about Gender bias in England during the 17th
- Focus on the rise of empiricism in Europe.
- Write about the Thirty-Year War in Europe (1618-1648).
US History Research Topics
To write the US History research paper, a good topic is needed the most. The following is a list of the best American History research topics that will be helpful to you.
- Explain the effect of industrialization on American social movements.
- What did “American” mean in the 18th century?
- Write about German-American immigration in 1854-1894.
- What are the causes of the Great Depression in the late 1920s?
- Discuss how slavery conflicted with revivalism.
- Explain how taxes have been introduced throughout USA history.
- Write about the United States- Mexican War in 1846.
- Explain the impact of the cold war on third-world countries.
- Discuss the causes and consequences of the Spanish-American War.
- Conduct a historical analysis of drug use and abuse in America.
- Explain the significance of the Frontier in American History.
- Focus on the history of the US navy.
- Analyze the interwar period.
- Write about 19th-century nationalism in America.
- Explain the impact of the railroad on the US economy.
British History Research Topics
Here is a list of a few interesting British history research topics that will be helpful to you in preparing a top-notch history paper.
- Explain the history of the United Kingdom.
- Write about the first British settlements.
- Explore and write about British colonialism in India.
- Describe Britain’s reaction to the French Revolution.
- Write about humanities and justice in Britain during the 18th
- Explain how the industrial revolution has caused social reforms in Britain.
- Explore the influence of Princess Diana on British culture.
- How did the Hundred Year War change England?
- Write about the English colonization in the 18th century.
- Explain the role of Britain in World War II.
- Write about the Home Rule movement in Ireland.
- How and why did England become Protestant?
- Explain the conflict between the British and India.
- What makes Oliver Cromwell a pivotal figure in the history of England?
- Write about the British Naval supremacy during the Victorian Era.
History Research Topics on American Revolution
The American Revolution is an epic political revolution that happened between 1765 and 1784 when thirteen of the North American colonies of Britain rejected imperial rule. If you are interested in exploring the events that occurred during the American Revolution, then for your history research paper, you can very well consider any of the following topics.
- Trace the history of the American Revolution.
- Discuss the effect of the American Revolution on society.
- Write about the intervention of the French in the American Revolution.
- Explain how the American Revolution inspired other countries.
- Describe the factors that contributed to the colonies winning the American Revolution.
- Write about the Federalist Era in the United States.
- What is the role of women in the American Revolution?
- Describe the role of Alexander Hamilton in the American Revolution.
- Write about the daily lives of Americans during the revolution.
- Explain the global impact of the American Revolution.
- Write about Trenton and Princeton Battles.
- Analyze the legacies of the American Revolution.
- Write about the American revolutionary war letters.
- Focus on the social conflicts that occurred during the American Revolution.
- Analyze the Townshend Acts.
History Research Topics on World War
Do you like to prepare your history research paper on World War? If yes, then you can take into consideration any of the following historical research topics related to World War I and II.
- What is the role of the US in World War I and II?
- Explain how the Crimean war influenced World War I.
- Discuss the ambitions of the Nazi Party during World War II.
- Compare the battle at sea and the battle in the air during World War I.
- Write about the German Resistance to Hitler in the Second World War.
- Explore the human cost in World War I.
- Write about the Russian Revolution in World War I.
- What is the role of women in World War II?
- Write about the Treaty of Versailles in World War I.
- What are the economic causes of the Second World War?
- Have a close look at the chemical weapons used during World War I.
- Analyze the military innovations between World War I and World War II.
- Write about the Pearl Harbor Legacy.
- Discuss the impact of World War I on British policies in India.
- Write about nationalism in World War II?
History Research Topics on Cold War
The Cold War was a political rivalry developed between the US and the Soviet Union and their allies after World War II. To write a history research paper, you can also consider any of the following history research topics related to the cold war.
- Explain how to resolve the Cold War.
- Write about the Cold War aftershocks.
- Analyze the effect of the Cold War on popular culture.
- What are the major countries involved in the Cold War and why?
- Analyze the declining impact of Europe during the Cold War.
- Describe the role of the United Nations in the Cold War.
- What were the challenges in the post-cold war world?
- Discuss the significant events of the Cold War.
- What is the role of America in the Cold War?
- Analyze the role of Japan since the end of the Cold War.
History Research Topics on US Civil War
American Civil War is a war that happened between the USA and the Confederate States of America over the moral issue of slavery, sectionalism, and secession. If you are interested in writing your history research paper on the US Civil War, then you can very well take into account any of the following topics.
- Trace the origin of the Civil War in the USA.
- What is the role of women during the civil war era in America?
- Explore the consequences of the Civil War in El Salvador.
- Write about the African-American Soldiers in the Civil War
- What are the causes of the North-South confrontation during the Civil War?
- Write about the Civil War facts and controversies.
- Explain how the Border States perceived the battles of the Civil War.
- Investigate Abraham Lincoln’s Assassination.
- Write about Civil War and its legacy.
- Have a closer look at the Appomattox Campaign.
World History Research Topics
World History mainly focuses on the past, present, and future from a global viewpoint. Also, it presents the various features and cultures of the countries across the world. The following are a few world history research paper topic ideas you can consider for crafting your history thesis.
- Write about South America Colonization.
- Describe the role of the Shogun in Japanese history.
- List out the great people of the sixteenth century.
- Focus on the rise of the Dutch republic.
- Analyze the fall of the Eastern Empire.
- Write about the Mongol Empire’s power.
- Explain the contribution of Gandhi to world peace.
- Focus on the rise of great monarchies.
- Write about the rise of the Ottoman Empire.
- Explore the Jamaican history of violent events.
- Analyze the progress of civilization.
- How did Europeans colonize the African continent?
- Have a closer look at the Maritime discoveries.
- Explain the influence of nuclear weapons on the world military clashes.
- Write about the development of China and Japan in recent historical stages.
History Research Topics on the 20th and the 21st Century
Listed below are some captivating history research topics based on the events that occurred in the 20th and 21st centuries.
- Explore the US policies towards immigrants in the 21st century.
- Write about the significant technological advances and inventions of the 20th century.
- Analyze the reasons Behind Dictatorship.
- Write about Organized Crime in American Society (1920).
- Research and Write about the Russian Revolution and Labor Class.
- Discuss the best presidential speeches of the 20th century.
- Write about the Vietnam Veterans in Nixon’s America.
- What are the causes and effects of the Nuclear Age?
- Trace the American History of the 20th and 21st centuries.
- Have a closer look at the Roosevelt administration and the events of the Holocaust.
History Research Topics on Art
Would you like to explore art history? Well, take a look at the art history research paper topics suggested below and from it pick any perfect topic of your choice to prepare your history dissertation.
- Explain how Ancient Greece sculptures influence modern art.
- Analyze the Korean pottery.
- Write about Islamic ascendancy in Indian art.
- How freedom was represented with art during the Civil War in the United States?
- Focus on domestic art in Renaissance Italy.
- Write about Politics and US art history.
- Discuss the influence of Hinduism on early Indian art.
- Write about the African American Women in Art and Literature.
- Explain the significance of Christian symbols in Renaissance art.
- Have a closer look at the Buddhist art.
- Trace the origins of Greek theater.
- Examine the Petrarchan madrigals of the 16th century.
- Compare French caricatures of the 19th century and Goya’s prints.
- Write about the world history and techniques used in printmaking.
- Focus on color psychology in the works of Kazimir Malevich.
Other Interesting History Research Topics
The following are a few more interesting history research topics that will help you to score an A+ grade.
- Write about the Gutenberg Bible.
- Trace the origin of African tribal culture.
- How UNO was established?
- Write about the Israeli-Egypt Agreement.
- Germany after the fall of the Nazis and Hitler.
- Explain the impact of the Balkan wars on the map of Europe.
- Write about the history of American politics and religious interaction.
- What are the causes of Cleopatra’s fall in Egypt?
- Discuss the History of the conflict between Palestinians and Israel.
- Write about the 9/11 attacks.
- The United Nations’ involvement during the Cold War
- major participants in the Cold War
- defining moments in the Cold War
- Europe’s diminished influence during the Cold War
- Cultural practices during the Cold War
- the Cold War-era order in the world
- Talk about ways to end the Cold War
- A time of terror is the Cold War.
- Cold War Repercussions
- The legacy of the Cold War in popular culture
Get Research Paper Writing Help
Hopefully, the list of history research topics and ideas suggested in this blog post will help you in preparing a brilliant history dissertation or thesis. In case, you need any customized history research idea or history research paper writing help, then contact us immediately. Especially, to assist you in completing your history assignments, in our team, we have skilled history thesis writers. Right from research paper topic selection to revision, you can get cheap and the best academic writing help through our research paper writing services online. Besides history assignments, we also provide great assignment help on other subject topics as well.
If you want to make use of our research paper writing services, simply share your requirements with us through the order form. According to your specifications, a thesis helper from our team will prepare and deliver you a plagiarism-free research paper on time at an affordable price. Also, as a part of our services, we will offer you 24/7 customer chat support and endless paper revisions until you get complete satisfaction.
Instead of wasting your time, quickly book the order and get excellent academic benefits through our reliable online assignment writing services.