Criminology is an interdisciplinary field of social and behavioral sciences. This subject mainly studies crimes and criminal behavior from a scientific perspective. In specific, it examines the causes, costs, and consequences of crime from several aspects of diverse disciplines such as biology, economics, psychology, economics, and so on. As this field predominantly focuses on crimes, it also has a direct association with law and justice. If you are a student who is pursuing a degree in law or criminology, then for your assignments, at least once you will be asked to work on any criminology research topics.
Currently, would you have to submit a criminology research paper? Well, to write a successful research paper, you must have a good topic. Basically, criminology is a complex field that contains a wide range of research areas and topics to focus on. However, when you have many topics, it might be tedious for you to pull one perfect topic from it.
So, in order to make your topic selection easier, here, in this blog post, we have explained how to choose a good criminology research topic and write a brilliant criminology research paper. Also, especially for you, here, we have carefully prepared a list of captivating criminology research topic ideas on various types of crimes.
Keep on reading this blog post and get gripping ideas for writing a criminology research paper.
How to Write a Criminology Research Paper
A criminology research paper is an academic paper that is prepared on any criminology topic. Are you aware of the steps for writing a criminology research paper? In case, you have no idea, then execute the below-mentioned steps sequentially to come up with an outstanding criminology research paper.
- Firstly, get to know the research paper writing guidelines shared by your professor or university.
- Secondly, identify a criminology research area you are interested to conduct research.
- Thirdly, in the criminology research area of your choice, search and gather numerous criminology topics with a good research scope.
- Fourthly, brainstorm all the gathered ideas and from it select one good topic that you feel is right for you to work on.
- Fifthly, perform a basic analysis of the chosen criminology research topic and generate a strong thesis statement.
- Sixthly, conduct deep research on the selected topic and collect the necessary ideas or major points for discussion.
- Next, with the collected ideas, create a neat and clear outline.
- Then, as per the research paper writing guidelines, begin writing the criminology research paper by elaborating the outline. The research paper should explain the thesis statement with valid evidence, and it should be well-structured with essential sections such as the introduction, literature review, methodology, findings, discussion, and conclusion.
- At the end of the paper, add a bibliography section, and cite all the sources you have used in your work.
- Finally, after you complete writing the research paper, proofread the paper multiple times, and edit if it has any errors in it. The academic paper that is ready for submission should not contain any errors, logic, or plagiarism issues.
Tips for Identifying a Good Criminology Research Topic
Generally, for a research paper, a good topic is necessary because most of the time, your professors will evaluate your work based on the topic you have chosen for discussion. In case, you choose a poor topic, then there are high possibilities for you to score low grades. So, to help you in identify an ideal topic and score an A+ grade, below we have shared some important criminology research paper topic selection tips. Be certain to stick to them all during the topic selection stage.
- Choose a topic from a criminology research area you have strong knowledge of.
- Pick a topic that matches your interest.
- Give importance to a topic that allows you to generate a powerful thesis statement.
- Select a topic that has a wide research scope, vast information, and credible sources of references.
- Never choose a topic with minimum or no research scope.
- Go with a topic that is neither too vast nor too specific.
- If your topic is wide, narrow it down to a subtopic.
- Consider a topic that has valid facts or evidence to prove your thesis statement.
- Instead of choosing a popular topic, give preference to a topic from an unexplored research area or any latest criminology research topic.
- Avoid choosing a topic that doesn’t stand in line with your research paper writing guidelines.
Following all these tips will help you in spotting a good criminology research topic. If you want to know whether your academic work is progressing on the right track, then before you begin writing your criminology research paper, consult with your professor and get approval for the topic. Because seeking guidance from your professors in advance will help you to perform well and boost your academic scores.
List of Criminology Research Paper Topics and Ideas
As criminology is a broad subject, you need not worry about what topic to choose for writing your criminology research paper. Commonly, the crimes are classified into different types such as white-collar crimes, high-tech crimes, public order crimes, violent crimes, property crimes, and organized crimes.
For writing a criminology research paper, you can choose a topic related to forensics, frauds, cybercrime, penology, or any other serious crimes such as terrorism, racism, discrimination, domestic violence, and so on.
If you are struggling to search and find a good topic for writing your criminology research paper, feel free to have a look at the list suggested below. The list will give you 100+ criminology research topic ideas on various crimes and criminal behavior.
Explore them all and pick one topic that is convenient for you to conduct research and prepare a great criminology research paper.
Simple Criminology Research Topics
The following is a list of a few simple criminology research topics you can take into consideration for writing a top-class criminology research paper.
- Research the history of terrorism and its countermeasures.
- Discuss the contributing factors for serial killers.
- Explain how counterfeiting has evolved with the advent of new technologies.
- How does prejudice motivate violence?
- Write about Gambling in America.
- What is the role of the school and community in preventing child abuse?
- Discuss the causes and effects of Juvenile Delinquency.
- What motivates one person to kill another?
- How to prevent college campus crimes.
- What are the various types of white-collar crimes? How to detect and prevent it?
- What are the different Stages and methods of criminology research?
- Discuss the portrayal of serial killers in media.
- Explain how organized crime affects criminal justice.
- Characterization of crimes connected with rape.
- What is the role of psychometric examinations in criminal justice?
- Write about crime prevention programs.
- How to prevent child pornography.
- Explain the meaning of fingerprints in the investigation.
- Analyze the hidden mechanisms and possibilities of prevention in Lust murders.
- Explain the use and function of smart handheld devices in enhancing security.
Read More: Criminal Justice Research Topics
Criminology Research Ideas on Crime and Victimization
In the modern world, the crime rates are increasing and because of it, many victims are getting affected across the world. Listed below are some interesting research topics on crime and victimization you can consider for writing your criminology research paper.
- Explain the
role of gender in law violations.
- How does the weather correspond with law violations?
- Explain how the ownership of firearms corresponds with law violations.
- What are the reasons for homeless imprisonment?
- Analyze the major reasons for the increased crime rate across the globe.
- Examine the connection between family status and law violations.
- Explain how social class correlates with a crime rate.
- Analyze the causes of violence in society.
- Explain the connection between mental health and law violations.
- Discuss the dependency of the crime rate on the neighborhood.
Criminology Research Paper Topics on Racism and Discrimination
Since ancient times, one of the serious issues that degrade the life of many people is discrimination. Because of racism and discrimination, a lot of controversies arise across the world, and also both these issues spoil the quality of life. Here are a few research topics on racism and discrimination you can take into account for crafting your law assignments.
- How does race correspond with the type of crime?
- Discuss the pros and cons of racial profiling.
- Is religious discrimination the main cause of crime?
- How discriminatory is the US and UK Court System?
- Is racist abuse towards international students the major reason for crime and violence?
- Write about racism and discrimination towards African-Americans.
- Explain the relationship between racist stereotyping and crime.
- Analyze how the discriminatory portrayal of minority groups in the media affects criminal justice.
- Targeting minority groups on the basis of race and ethnicity.
- How systemic bias affects criminal justice?
Criminology Research Topics on Mental Health and Forensic Psychology
Basically, the crimes have a close association with the mental health and the behavior of the criminals. Mostly, because of the imbalanced mental health, a lot of critical crimes are happening in society. In general, forensic psychology is professional psychology that handles all the activities related to the judicial and legal system from the psychological viewpoint. The following is a list of some outstanding criminology research paper topics on mental health and forensic psychology.
- What is the relationship between aggressive behavior and mental disorders?
- Examine the possible mental disorders that make teenagers commit crimes.
- Analyze the impact of technological advances in forensic psychology.
- Discuss how phobias prevent or trigger people about crime.
- Examine the connection between mental illness and crime.
- Discuss the different approaches to forensic psychology in criminology.
- Analyze the factors that affect eyewitness identification performance.
- Explain the possible mental disorders that make teenagers commit crimes.
- How to investigate a crime using forensic psychology.
- What is the role of a mental check-up in a criminal investigation?
Criminology Research Ideas on Terrorism
One of the deadly crimes committed in the world is Terrorism. In order to achieve an ideological aim, a certain group of people uses violence and fear of the people as a weapon. This act to achieve an aim is referred to as Terrorism. In our world, several terrorist groups with different aims are involved in certain terrorist activities. If you are more interested in exploring terrorism and terrorist activities, then for writing your criminology research paper, you can consider any of the below-mentioned research topic ideas on terrorism.
- Explain how terrorism creeps into conflict zones.
- Suggest effective ways to prevent young men from joining terrorist groups.
- What is the role of surveillance in countering terrorism activities?
- Explain how technology has helped advance terrorist activities in the country.
- Why do terrorists take hostages and threaten to detonate bombs?
- Discuss the role of the UN Mission in keeping terrorists at bay.
- How to detect terrorist plans before they come of age.
- Explain the psychological implications of terrorism activities.
- How to cut off funding for terrorist activities.
- Explain the role of community anti-terrorism awareness programs.
- Assess the effect of terrorism on religious profiling of people.
- What is the role of intelligence services in combating terrorism?
- Discuss the link between radicalization and terrorism.
- Explain how to empower minors against terrorism.
- Discuss the breeding of local terrorism in countries.
Criminology Research Topics on Prisons and Knife Crimes
In our society, daily a variety of crimes are happening with different weapons. Knife crime is one of the popular crimes that are committed by using a knife as a weapon. Generally, when a person commits a crime, the law will punish the criminal by putting them in prison. A prison is a place of confinement for lawbreakers or those who have committed horrific crimes. The following is a list of some amazing research topics on prisons and knife crimes you can take into account for preparing a criminology thesis.
- Review knife crime trends in the 21st century.
- Analyze the cases of convicts killed in prisons.
- Explain the effectiveness of the pocket knife rules & laws.
- Compare the knife rules of the United States and the UK.
- Describe the role of prison wardens in shaping the conduct of prisoners.
- Discuss the motivating factors for knife criminals.
- Compare knife crimes in Europe and Asia.
- Investigate reports of sexual abuse in prisons.
- Compare and contrast crime in female and male prisons.
- Explain how prison wardens contribute to crime in prisons.
Criminology Research Paper Topics on Drugs
Another serious crime that is being committed across the world is drugs. In our society, certain gangs are involved in performing organized drug-related crimes such as drug trafficking, illegal drug production, and distribution. Also, as a result of illegal drug distribution and consumption, a lot of college students are spoiling their life and are committing other critical crimes such as murder and rape. Here is a list of a few criminology research ideas on drugs you can consider for writing your criminology research paper.
- Explain the influence of drugs on sexual assaults.
- Analyze the effectiveness of drug courts.
- Explain how to curb drug and substance abuse among college students.
- How does the club culture enhance drug abuse in society?
- Write about the different types of crimes resulting from drug abuse.
- What is the effect of legalizing marijuana on criminal behavior?
- Evaluate heroin and cocaine users.
- Discuss the post-traumatic drug disorders that lead to criminal activities.
- Review the harm done by drugs to society.
- Explain how doping technology helps to curb drug and substance abuse.
Criminology Research Topics on Domestic Violence
Domestic violence is referred to as the violence committed by family members or relatives in the domestic circle of the victim. In domestic violence, women are the primary victims. If a woman is abused mentally, physically, and sexually in the domestic setting because of something related to a marriage, then it is treated as a crime. Listed below are a few powerful criminology research topics on domestic violence.
- Research and write about the various forms of domestic violence in the 21st century.
- Review domestic violence within military families.
- Discuss the economic impacts of domestic violence.
- What are the acts that lead to psychological intimidation in domestic violence?
- Analyze the trends of domestic violence in your country.
- Explain the social structures that reinforce the suppression of women.
- How to look out for warning signs in domestic violence cases.
- Analyze the main legal issues faced by women who are victims of domestic violence.
- Explain how postpartum depression and domestic violence are associated.
- Discuss the implications of the Domestic Abuse Bill in the UK.
Excellent Criminology Research Topics
The following is a list of excellent criminology research topics that will help you in scoring an A+ grade.
- Explore the unknown world of male rape in the current society.
- How does the environment motivate a person towards criminal behavior?
- Explore the recent innovation of experimental criminology.
- Discuss the predisposing factors behind the activities of serial killers.
- Describe the application of the social learning theory in reducing crime.
- Explain how to combat crimes committed by gangs.
- What is the relationship between crime and unemployment?
- Discuss why men are more prone to commit crimes than women.
- Analyze the psychology behind human trafficking.
- Discuss the relationship between crime and LGBT groups.
- How significant is the role of parental supervision in curtailing the rate of crime committed by teenagers?
- Discuss the inspection tactics of the crime scene.
- Explain how attitudes and emotions compel people to criminal behavior.
- Why the majority of the crimes are committed by the youths?
- What is the role of music in enhancing crime?
- Explain how to regulate prostitution and reduce crime.
- What is the effect of parental separation on future violence?
- Describe the parental abduction laws.
- Analyze how social class correlates with the crime rate.
- Explain the efficiency of predictive policing.
Unique Criminology Research Paper Topics
Here is a list of unique criminology research topic ideas that will be helpful to you in preparing an informative academic paper.
- How to investigate a serial crime in a society.
- Explain how developed economies handle corruption-related cases.
- Discuss the role of street lighting in reducing crime.
- Explain the link between social media and crimes against children.
- How to effectively monitor people with suspect criminal behavior.
- Explain how illegal immigration contributes to crime within a state.
- What is the effect of genocidal acts on community cohesiveness?
- Explain the motivation of women to join ISIS.
- What is the role of specialized police units in preventing crime?
- Analyze the current trends and practices in crime related to psychology.
- Discuss the Mental health of the sex offenders from a global perspective.
- What is the role of private detectives in solving societal crimes?
- Explain how the latest internet technologies induce the frequency of suicides?
- Describe the application of the social learning theory in reducing crime.
- Analyze the possible causes of rape and other indecent sexual behavior.
- What are the pros and cons of the sex offender registry?
- Explain the legal perspective of cybercrime.
- How does sentencing take place?
- Write about gun control law and its mitigation.
- Explain how a person should protect themselves from false accusations.
Get Research Paper Writing Help Online
We hope you have identified a perfect criminology research topic for your law assignments. In case, you still haven’t found a good topic or need help with criminology research paper topic selection, writing, and editing, then reach out to us quickly. We have well-experienced thesis writers who are experts in the field of criminology, law, and criminal justice to assist you in completing your criminology dissertation or thesis.
Our ultimate aim is to provide valid solutions for all the academic paper writing issues you experience. So, without any hesitation, try to earn more benefits by availing of our affordable research paper writing services online. We not only offer help for criminology but also provide high-quality assistance with other subject assignments as well.
To use our academic paper writing services, simply share your requirements with us. Based on what you have shared with us, we will prepare and deliver you a plagiarism-free, top-notch research paper, dissertation, or thesis, without skipping the submission date. Additionally, we will also help you by offering 24/7 customer chat support and endless paper edits.
Instead of stressing yourself too much, make your assignment writing process simple by hiring our talented assignment helpers at a cheaper price.